First things first! Let's get to know each other a little bit better...
My name is Mandy Chamberlain MOTR/L and I am an occupational therapist and the founder of Seniors Flourish.
I decided to start this site because I know that there are so many of us out there working with older adults always looking for information, tips and ideas. We want to find the best resources and provide the best care we can for our patients.
I found myself scouring the internet, spending too much time searching around and finding limited options.
I really want help older adults to FLOURISH and have a successful life by providing recommendations, resources and education to make the best decisions for them and their families.
While earning my Master of Occupational Therapy through the University of North Dakota's School of Medicine and Health Sciences, I decided to focus on Community-Based Medicine. I now work and consult in the mountains of Colorado.
I have a strong and varied clinical background working with geriatrics through home health services, home modification consultation, long-term care, assisted living, inpatient critical access and outpatient therapy services. My experience in dementia, geriatric exercise, orthopedic and neurological dysfunction, oncology rehabilitation, caregiver education, adaptive equipment, home safety recommendations and restoration of activities of daily living makes Seniors Flourish a perfect fit.
In addition my professional career, I grew up in a caregiving family - helping take of my paternal grandfather through my teenage years, while he lived independently in his own home on my family's property.
Helping is in my soul and I hope that I can help you be the best therapist you can be!
Here are a few random facts about me that give my life meaning 🙂
- I am married to my best friend and biggest supporter and together we have 3 busy/amazing/energetic toddlers.
- I have the travel bug (big time!) and once took a 45 day sabbatical from work to go backpacking across Southeast Asia!
- Sharing my talents and volunteering for causes I care about fills my soul - organizations that support kids, families and the most vulnerable in our society.
- One of my simple joys are clean, straight bed sheets.
- The only time I seem to get competitive is when playing board games...bring it on!
- I get really excited about reading a new book and love the idea of cuddling up with a cup of hot tea in front of a roaring fire on a snowy winter's day, but my reality is that I get about 2 pages into it before I need to see which of my children need me...
- I LOVE a good cup of coffee, especially an Americano with half and half with a tad of sugar to get the day going (or 2 or 3)!
- You can't beat a crisp clear night sitting by a campfire.
- Do not leave Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in my house - You snooze, you lose!
- I love being an advocate for people on their own healthcare journey.
Well, here I am! Nice to meet you!
I hope we can be in touch and I would love to hear about you.