I am always looking to mix up my occupational therapy treatments for standing tolerance activities - especially when working in a nursing facility as we are seeing them typically 5 days a week (or more!).
Occupation based ideas are always my go-to, but I love to use games as a means to:
1) work on OT goals,
2) be purposeful,
3) have FUN,
4) have a good time and laugh
Here is a list of some really great DIY games you can easily incorporate into your OT goals for standing tolerance.
Most can be put up and taken down due to limited clinic space!
Vertical Card Match: a trifold cardboard with a deck of cards attached - ideas are endless with this!
- Life Sized Connect Four: bed sheet, velcro and come colored plastic plates
- Scrabble: take this concept and use a bed sheet
- Checkers: bed sheet, velcro, black and red plates
- Tic Tac Toe: bed sheet, velcro, plates